Dive into underwater photography with this compact true TTL camera system. The Compact Digital housing is high quality, extremely durable, and backed by Ikelite's long-standing reputation for excellence.
Proprietary conversion circuitry allows two-way communication between the camera and Ikelite Substrobes providing true Nikon TTL exposure. In addition to providing the most accurate automatic exposure, this ensures a faster recycling time and longer camera battery life as compared to fiber optic TTL systems. Take advantage of this powerful feature by attaching any current model Ikelite DS Substrobe. See the "External Underwater Strobes" section for complete details.
All camera controls except Fn (FUNC) Button, Lens Ring Release Button and Diopter Adjustment Control are fully functional through the housing and depth rated to 200ft (60m).
The included tray and release handle offers balance and exceptional handling while providing a convenient attachment point for optional Substrobe mounting arms. Strobe arms can be released easily at the touch of a button whether above or below water. The optional Dual Handle and Tray assembly #9523.32 provides even greater stability and allows for the addition of a second Substrobe.
Camera's Built-in Flash.
- An included flash diffuser improves lighting quality when the camera's built-in flash is used. A built-in flash is effective between 1-3 feet (0.3-0.9m) from the subject in clear conditions. For best results an external underwater strobe is recommended.
External Color Filters.
- Color filters replace some of the reds, oranges and more natural tones that would otherwise be lost underwater. Effective in relatively shallow, sunny conditions. Available as #6441.46 for tropical blue water and #6441.86 for use in green water settings. For optimum results use in combination with manual white balance (see camera user guide for information on setting custom white balance).
External Underwater Strobes (Hard-Wired TTL).
- Ikelite DS series Substrobes are industry favorites for their warm, even coverage and lightning fast recycle time. Unlike fiber-optic "TTL" systems, our conversion circuitry eliminates the need for the camera's built-in flash to fire. This dramatically improves recycle time and camera battery life allowing you to take more photos more quickly. We recommend convenient and affordable strobe with sync cord packages that provide everything you need to take advantage of true TTL exposure.
External Wide Angle Option.
- The WD-4 Wide Angle Conversion Dome corrects for refractive magnification to give 28mm angle of coverage underwater. The conversion dome may be removed and replaced underwater and requires no modification to the housing's standard port.
* Other external wide angle lenses by Ikelite, Inon, Epoque and other manufacturers are not usable with this camera at this time.
External Macro Adapter.
- Optional adapter #9306.82 slides over the front of the lens port and allows for the attachment of 67mm threaded macro lenses from Inon and Epoque. The adapter may be removed and replaced underwater and requires no modification to the housing's standard lens port. Macro lens not available for purchase through Ikelite.
*Not for use with 67mm threaded wide angle lenses.