New Type 4 strobes carry "wireless connection" capability as like "S-2000" strobe, brighter "built-in Focus Light (180lumen/20Â°coverage)" and "wider battery compatibility".
D-2000 Type 4 is equipped with new generation high-intensity 3W LED as built-in Focus Light.
From Type 3 strobes, Sanyo eneloop(HR-3UTG) is ONLY compatible Ni-MH rechargeable battery.
Other older generation Ni-MH rechargeable battery or high capacity Ni-MH battery has drawbacks like:
a) high self-discharge characteristic makes hard to use optimum battery capacity.
b) easy to get over discharging which could cause sudden performance degradation.
Highly advanced new generation strobe with multiple flash modes, including S-TTL, 24-step External Auto, 13-step Manual & Nikonos TTL for film camera support.
Focus lighting, compact body, with powerful 20 Guide Number (ISO 100, Air x 1 meter; GN=65/feet), 100 degree circular beam, shutter-linked manual ON, auto OFF focus/target light supporting auto and manual focus, advanced pre-flash cancel circuitry, compatible with INON "Clear Photo System".
Fiber optic connection for reliability and compatibility.
The ideal strobe for point-and-shoot digital camera systems.
- Ultra Multimode - multiple flash exposure modes to suit many camera types and shooting styles.
- S-TTL: (pdf 234K) Automatic TTL first shot accurate exposure as simple as pressing the shutter button with digital cameras using a pre-flash. Easy operation for users wanting point-and-shoot convenience without setting camera and strobe controls. Compatible with most digital cameras having a pre-flash. Just set the camera to P Mode and "force flash", and the strobe to S-TTL and start shooting.
- External Auto: (pdf 259K) Just match the strobe's aperture value to the camera's and start shooting. If necessary, fine tune exposure with 24 steps of control. In "External Auto" the D-2000 itself automatically adjusts for correct flash output amount and â€œproperâ€ exposure. Just set the strobe's aperture to match the camera's aperture value. It is not necessary to rely on the camera's automatic flash adjustment control. With dual strobes, subtly vary light output to each strobe to freely control shadows according to your artistic intention.
- Manual: 13 steps of manual flash output control - the most of any strobe available. Controllable in 1/2EV increments, for high level professional quality lighting.
- Nikonos TTL: TTL support for film cameras having conventional Nikonos TTL circuitry, or those having conversion circuitry compliant with the Nikonos protocol.
- High Power: Guide Number 20 (ISO 100, Air x 1 meter; GN=65/feet). 30% brighter than predecessor D-180 strobe for more effective lighting at smaller apertures and of distant subjects.
- Wide Beam Angle: 100 degree circular beam fully covers 100 degree wide angle attachment lenses. Increased flash surface area of Twin "T" configured flash tubes (pdf 462K) gives softer lighting and 100 degree full frame coverage even if strobe head is tilted off axis relative to camera. Optional -0.5 Diffusers increase coverage to 110 degrees.
- Advanced Cancel Circuit (pdf 169K) In External Auto and Manual Modes when using pre-flash type cameras, the circuit reproduces the camera's pre-flash, but at higher intensity for optimum underwater performance, faster internal strobe recycle time, quicker follow-up shots, and longer battery life.
- "Clear Photo System" Compatible (pdf 169K)
"Clear Photo System" (Patent Pending) reduces backscatter caused by light coming from the camera's internal strobe illuminating suspended particles in front of the lens, enabling clearer, higher quality images.
First, place a Clear Photo Filter" over the camera's internal flash. This filter blocks visible light, only allowing non-visible wavelengths to pass though. Accordingly, there is no visible light to illuminate the particles in front of the lens. The non-visible light is picked up by a fiber optic cable and relayed to the strobe, triggering a flash output. Clear Photo Film is included with INON "Optical D Cable/Cap Sets" available for various camera/housing systems.
- Integral shutter-linked manual ON, auto OFF Focus/Target Light with Single or Continuous modes to support auto or manual focusing and accurate strobe aiming.
- 1.8 second recycle time with 520 full power flashes per set of NiMH batteries. Uses commonly available AA Alkaline, Nicad, NiMH, Lithium and Oxyride batteries.
- Multi-function Diffuser System (pdf 1.9K)
Increase beam angle from 100 to 110 degrees and soften light quality. Choose one of three different diffusers from -0.5, -1.5* or -3.0 light reduction. (*-1.5 diffuser currently in development)
Besides standard White Diffuser, special Blue Diffuser is available to restore natural color in images taken with some Canon cameras that automatically compensate images with a red-yellow hue.
A Red and Blue Focus Light Filter Set is included with each Diffuser. The Red Filter increases S-TTL precision and does not frighten shy subjects, making them easier to approach. The Blue Filter is for non-pre flash cameras to minimize effect of Focus Light in image.
- Connect to camera/housing systems with INON "Optical D Cable/Cap Set" fiber optic cables.
- Additional information in following .pdf documents: